Notices

Thread: Gullwing V2 Next Foils

1. Gullwing V2 Next Foils 
    IP
    Mike is nice enough to come down to San Diego and let the San V crew test out some new wing designs. About a month ago he let us ride a collaborative design between himself, Marty and Greg and N2Orbit. It was a "magic" wing paired with my UFO and a negative 1 shim. I called it as super close to an Area 51. A little less aggressive on the relaunch than my Detonator. It had great pop and was stable. Everyone who rode it commented on how soft the landing was. We compared surface areas and it wasn't a small wing at all. But it sang like mad.

Mike went back at it. He brought out a version that Jeronimo worked on. Mike had him pull in the trailing edge sharper and it had less body forward toward the leading edge. I guess they went too far. Even with a positive 1 shim it just didn't have enough lift when going out on a cut. Still sang a little.

Mike brought us a new version. Rode comfortably with no shim (neutral). Had great pop. I could land right and not tap. When I bottomed out on bigger rolls it popped right up, but less aggressively than my Detonator. Did not sing at all. Really a very enjoyable ride.

Our crash rider Tyson rides an Area 51 and an MV 40. He rode it like it was his daily driver.

Erin traded some wakefoil components to Murphy and stepped into the new wing. Really cool that Murphy does trade! Erin rides it with a little bit of negative shim. He expressed that he was really happy with it.

All in all a very well mannered soft landing wing that deserves consideration. I'll be at Apache Lake, if they get the fires under control!, and would be happy to let anyone try the wings I've got. Murphy, Marty and Greg deserves some props for bringing such a nice wing to market. The fact that they come anodized is sweet! Getting stuff polished and anodized is a pain!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wingnew1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	13067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wingnew2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	13068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wingnew4.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	13069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wingnew3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	13070  

IP
    saw this earlier on FB too, do you know the pricing? Too soon? Not available to public yet?

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

IP
    Mike definitely has this wing for sale. I don't know pricing. Will ask when I speak with him, but why not give him a call? Next Foils 951 317 5333 . I don't think Mike is getting this one back! I really like the ride and having it already anodized is great. Well, my nicely anodized rear gullwing v2 only lasted two days before someone who shall remain nameless tossed a front flip, hit the line and folded the trailing edge :) Too much fun on San Vicente. Still happy to let other foilers try the new wings from Next.

IP
    Got another ride in. A big thanks to Tyson for bringing the boat and M20 Marine for renting out the reservoir for Wakeboard Wednesday! Don't worry, we made the wakeboarders jealous. Mike's new wings rode great and I am super stoked. Still surprised that anything would get me off my UFO. Buddha approves...

If you look closely you can see where the rear wing has already been repaired. Someone, I can't imagine who, tossed a front flip and caught the line. First ding and then it isn't a big deal :) It was nasty. I did what I could and then took two small blocks of birch placed on each side and wailed on them with a small sledge hammer. There is a reason I don't like people watching while I fix their wings :)

Ready for Apache Lake! And will be happy to let anyone who wants to try the wings test them out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wed wing.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	13079