Notices

Thread: WTB used Sky Ski Pro

1. WTB used Sky Ski Pro 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to foils. I used a friends old Air Chair for a few days and had a blast. Now that we have a boat, I'd like to get a foil. From reading it sounds like a used Sky Ski pro is the way to go. If anyone has a used one they'd part with let me know.

Thanks
    Ben

IP
    Offthepath, another option is to save yourself the upgrade pathway and buy something more modern now. It just depends on your wallet and how deep the addiction has sunk. If the wallet and addiction are deep enough, then I would pony up the necessary funds to get yourself into a good modern setup with a long Tbar that won't hold your progression back.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallredrider View Post
    Offthepath, another option is to save yourself the upgrade pathway and buy something more modern now. It just depends on your wallet and how deep the addiction has sunk. If the wallet and addiction are deep enough, then I would pony up the necessary funds to get yourself into a good modern setup with a long Tbar that won't hold your progression back.
    Thanks

I'm sure that would be a better option, but I can't spend that much money. From what I've read the sky ski pro can be found pretty affordable used and it's not a bad platform. If there are any other affordable options that would be better let me know.

IP
    Welcome to the foil family! :)

Agreed, A used SS Pro is the minimum I would recommend. You should be able to find a used one for around $700-900. I highly recommend to get cinch straps for the ankles instead of the default rubber ones if it does not already have them. Start saving your pennies now for the next upgrade.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    I have a nice shock tower set up I am selling for $750, if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by offthepath View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to foils. I used a friends old Air Chair for a few days and had a blast. Now that we have a boat, I'd like to get a foil. From reading it sounds like a used Sky Ski pro is the way to go. If anyone has a used one they'd part with let me know.

Thanks
    Ben

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    The whole sky ski set up with a shock tower, not just the shock tower.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Thanks for everyone's help. I found a SS local. Ready for summer.