Notices

Thread: New to the forum

1. New to the forum 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Hey fellow foilers, I've finally figured out how to register on this forum. I have a SS Pro SS and am looking to upgrade. I learned to ride a year ago and love it! I'm still a novice and am looking for more air to compete the backflip (can get ~90% around). As a bigger guy (6'2", 210#) I'm wondering if I can/need to raise the seat height and also looking for opinions on upgraded t-bars and wings. I live in the desert and only get to ride about 6 weekends a year. So, lots of questions to come. Thanks for having me.

Joshua

IP
    welcome, read a lot on here, so much great advice over the years.

I haven't heard of anyone raising the seat, your height and weight are right on with mine. If you feel cramped somehow maybe the foot bindings are mounted too close for a previous owner with shorter legs, your thighs should be parallel with the board when you are all strapped in.

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

IP
    I'm also about the same size. I went with a 3 inch seat pad instead of the standard 2" mainly to help out my back. And my foot pads are moved 1" forward and I ride that way because the carbon board I bought used came that way.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by blmeanie View Post
    welcome, read a lot on here, so much great advice over the years.

I haven't heard of anyone raising the seat, your height and weight are right on with mine. If you feel cramped somehow maybe the foot bindings are mounted too close for a previous owner with shorter legs, your thighs should be parallel with the board when you are all strapped in.
    I have a Rock tower with the standard (2"?) pad. I wonder if other towers are taller. As mentioned by IN$ANE below, I was also considering using a 3" pad. It also appears that adding a carbon plate and spacers to the rock tower would raise the seat height. You could be right, perhaps the foot pads are too close. Any threads on how to set up the tower and foot pads? Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by IN$ANE View Post
    I'm also about the same size. I went with a 3 inch seat pad instead of the standard 2" mainly to help out my back. And my foot pads are moved 1" forward and I ride that way because the carbon board I bought used came that way.
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying a few things next year.

IP
    I was on a budget and I needed a winter project so mine started out as a SS rock too but adding a G-10 plate from air chair was pretty easy and added the cushy ride. It took a couple trys to find the right length of bolts and bushings the G-10 sits on without it bottoming out on the aluminum plate under it. My seat pad is about 2" higher than the stock rock.

https://www.foilforum.com/forums/sho...Rock-Tower-Mod
    Pine Lake Rider - Ontario Division.