helloooooooooooo

helloooooooooooo

helloooooooo0000

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by theking View Post
    helloooooooooooo

helloooooooooooo

helloooooooo0000
    Howdy Roy! Too much time on your hands??

JP
    JP

Professional Crash Test Dummy

IP
    I hear you!

IP
    ya, maybe??
    poked my head in here to see whats going on,,, not much! thought maybe the virus wiped everyone out?

IP
    Hello! It's basically "not boat season" for most still so it's a bit dormant. We are going to try going out tomorrow although only with 3 riders. The "lockdown" is ridiculous. I accept the risk.

IP
    Agreed on the lock down being ridiculous! My wife and I both already had the stupid virus last December and January before they even started talking about it!! if its bad for elderly and those with suppressed immunity, then keep them in isolation!

the Flu kills more people!

get out and ride, if you can,, LOL

IP
    Agreed on the lock down being ridiculous! My wife and I both already had the stupid virus last December and January before they even started talking about it!! if its bad for elderly and those with suppressed immunity, then keep them in isolation!

the Flu kills more people!

get out and ride, if you can,, LOL
    I guess that would be one way to liven up the site, start a Coronavirus discussion.

I don't think I would go too haywire into the discussion, but 60,000 people in the USA have died in the last 5 weeks from it. Not even close to how many flu deaths in that short of time. It ain't the flu of 1918, but this is not the regular flu either. Out of all the unreliable and politically motivated data out there, dead people are pretty much the most reliable data you can get. 1/1000 of all of the people in New York state have died in the last 5 weeks, not counting those who died of other natural causes. The flu has never killed this many people in the USA in this short of time since 1918. When it is all said and done, I am going to venture that this is about 5-10 times more deadly than the seasonal flu.

I only use USA data since that is what I am most familiar with.

IP
    your stats could be correct if the data your gleaming from is accurate? most of what i'm getting is that the numbers are cooked because they haven't gotten the results they where hoping for. weird isn't it?

IP
    It's tough to know what to even halfway believe any more. It seems all the "news" companies are just tabloids now. I've read in several places that the "positive" cases are way above what they actually are. As in, they are flagging about every death as corona. They also don't state how many of them were to people with pre-existing conditions that made them highly susceptible such as smokers and HIV. Let those who are accepting the risk to be able to at least try earning a living rather than go poor and reply on the *cough* government to provide every need. I don't really want to go political on this though. :)

On a positive note - I haven't really done anything for several months, so it was great to finally go to the first lake day of the year on Saturday. Apparently everyone else with a boat thought the same thing as there were boats and wakes everywhere! Combined with not riding for 6 months, I rode very poorly. A nice day at the lake is better than a nice day stuck at home. :)

IP
    your stats could be correct if the data your gleaming from is accurate? most of what i'm getting is that the numbers are cooked because they haven't gotten the results they where hoping for. weird isn't it?
    I understand the frustration with various people using the crisis to push an agenda. That is why I mention the death statistics. It is pretty hard to cook the books when it comes to dead people in the US. I am sure that China has done that, but here it is pretty difficult to die without it getting reported. Stories of refrigerated trucks at the hospital full of dead bodies are absolutely true. Call any mortuary in New York and ask them if you don't believe me.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ng-deaths.html

Of course, there are some people who don't believe any data no matter what, which basically means that those people think whatever they want no matter what evidence suggests the contrary. That would be sort of convenient because then I could just say that the data that contradicts my views is just fake. I don't think the world is quite that hopeless.

On a more important note, what is going on at everyone else's lakes? My small local lake has had to turn people away for the first time in history because there were too many people. It has been absolutely crazy. We need some national parks and movie theaters to open up to give these people something else to do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast