Notices

Thread: Have I outgrown my SS Pro SS??

1. Have I outgrown my SS Pro SS?? 
    Reverse Scorpion Professional
    IP
    Hi guys,

I can fly and jump all day long. Probably landing 95% of my jumps and I feel I'm ready to learn inverts of one sort or another but wondering if I'm limited by my ski?

I found a 20 year old Youtube video with the corniest music ever showing these guys doing everything on a ski just like mine but it looks like they are hauling @ss to do it. I'm not really eager to learn inverts if I'm going to be crashing at 30mph on my head 100 times till I figure it out.

I've tried a couple dismounts but can't seem to get past the 180 degree point and land on my head...

What do you think?

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by sent112 View Post
    Hi guys,

I can fly and jump all day long. Probably landing 95% of my jumps and I feel I'm ready to learn inverts of one sort or another but wondering if I'm limited by my ski?

I found a 20 year old Youtube video with the corniest music ever showing these guys doing everything on a ski just like mine but it looks like they are hauling @ss to do it. I'm not really eager to learn inverts if I'm going to be crashing at 30mph on my head 100 times till I figure it out.

I've tried a couple dismounts but can't seem to get past the 180 degree point and land on my head...

What do you think?
    Those guys could do amazing things, but you are right to observe that they were going faster to get it done. A higher level ski will allow you to do things without going as fast = less pain. You will progress easier on a ski with bigger wings and longer Tbar.

IP
    Thanks for the reply. I'm 54 now so less pain is best..

Any suggestions on a ski or a combo to build?

IP
    Do a little research on here, same question has been asked a lot. Check with Mike Murphy or look for used on here or facebook group. I'm not on facebook, but I hear there may be more traffic than on here. Murphy also may have some used setups. Just be prepared to spend. Anything above base line ski you can add and build from there.

IP
    Can I start by getting a longer T Bar and larger wings for my current ski or are those upgraded parts not compatible with my ski?

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by sent112 View Post
    Can I start by getting a longer T Bar and larger wings for my current ski or are those upgraded parts not compatible with my ski?
    I would say avoid it as the Pro SS wasn't meant for big wings. Sell it and you can get most of your money back toward a more advanced foil.

When you are ready to be serious on learning inverts, I recommend upgrading to a long strut (38"+). It depends on your budget, but I would recommend a used LE38 at minimum. You should be able to find one for around $2700-$3200. Either that or go high end with a new one.