Notices

Thread: Wiggly T Bar

1. Wiggly T Bar 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Question for the Forum,

I've got a Sky Ski Arc-40 t bar and Bones seat tower and have been having issues with my t bar shifting.

I've got an extendable socket wrench to tighten down the tower bolts (and ratcheting handles) as tight as humanly possible, but it seems seat tower cannot lock into the t bar enough to prevent it from wiggling.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Question for the Forum,

I've got a Sky Ski Arc-40 t bar and Bones seat tower and have been having issues with my t bar shifting.

I've got an extendable socket wrench to tighten down the tower bolts (and ratcheting handles) as tight as humanly possible, but it seems seat tower cannot lock into the t bar enough to prevent it from wiggling.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks.
    It might be a dumb question, but are you sure it is not the seat wiggling on the board? Make sure the board bolts are tight also.

The only way for that to happen is if the bolts have worn away the holes in the Tbar and caused the holes to enlarge. (or the bolts were too small to start with). That can happen if the threaded portion of the bolt remains inside the Tbar when tight. Try to find some larger bolts and make sure that they are only partially threaded and will have the smooth portion in contact with the Tbar. You might have to slightly drill out the seat holes to make a larger bolt fit.

san diego in winter...lake inez montana in summer
    IP
    If you think a board plug would help, let me know....I have one I can send you....

Reverse Scorpion Professional
    IP
    Is the t-bar a full 3/4 inch thick at the tower mating surface? If not, you may need a spacer. Another question is are you loosening the thru board bolts on one side of the tower before tightening the bolts through the t-bar? If not, that could also be the issue.