Notices

Thread: help needed- foil singing

1. help needed- foil singing 
    IP
    help me remember what causes the foil to sing? Today, first day out this year, the foil was like a pipe organ, different tone if I changed angle slightly.

Is that the tbar cutting through the water/air and causing it to sing? I forget and never really had it happen before.

What specifically is it telling me? Do i need to do anything?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

IP
    New Extreme wings I assume?

I contacted Shuey and he said the noise particularly comes from the outside rear corner of the front wing. Sharpening the edge often helps. I have not done it yet, but mine sing so loudly that the folks in the boat think that something bad is going on with the boat motor. It is very loud on mine.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallredrider View Post
    New Extreme wings I assume?

I contacted Shuey and he said the noise particularly comes from the outside rear corner of the front wing. Sharpening the edge often helps. I have not done it yet, but mine sing so loudly that the folks in the boat think that something bad is going on with the boat motor. It is very loud on mine.
    Thanks, got a lot of similar responses to a post on same on FB, yes, new Fu Manchu front and Fury rear.

personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

IP
    I dislike a lot of things about FB, so I have not gone there much. It just seems so chaotic and disorganized relative to a well run discussion board like this. Which FB page are you finding most helpful?

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallredrider View Post
    I dislike a lot of things about FB, so I have not gone there much. It just seems so chaotic and disorganized relative to a well run discussion board like this. Which FB page are you finding most helpful?
    The one I see most often capturing my attention is just called "hydrofoilers" , it does have other foilers that are not sit-down enthusiasts (unfortunately?)